April 4, 2020
Cantec Systems manufactures and distributes essential battery and energy storage products for National Defence - Canada and related OEM Defence contractors. As such, Cantec will remain open to meet the needs of our customers. Please see below for the relevant Provincial and Federal guidelines.
On April 3rd, 2020, The Province of Ontario updated their List of Essential Workplaces that are to remain open in response to COVID-19, see below for partial and here for full details.
1. Businesses that supply other essential businesses or essential services within Ontario, or that supply businesses or services that have been declared essential in a jurisdiction outside of Ontario, with the support, products, supplies, systems, or services, including processing, packaging, warehousing, distribution, delivery, and maintenance necessary to operate.
Manufacturing and Production
23. Businesses that extract, manufacture, process and distribute goods, products, equipment and materials, including businesses that manufacture inputs to other manufacturers ... regardless of whether those other manufacturers are inside or outside of Ontario, together with businesses that support and facilitate the movement of goods within integrated North American and global supply chains.
The Government of Canada has released their Guidance on Essential Services and Functions in Canada During the COVID-19 Pandemic, see below for partial and here for full details.
- Personnel working for companies and their subcontractors, who perform under the contract to the Department of National Defence providing materials and services to the Department of National Defence
- Personnel who support the development, production, testing, fielding or sustaining of our military weapon systems/software systems, or the infrastructure to support those activities
- Workers from the upstream supply chain for essential services needed to support critical infrastructure
- Workers necessary for the manufacturing of inputs, materials and products needed for medical devices and drug supply chains, transportation, shipping, energy, communications, aerospace, shipbuilding, food and agriculture, chemical manufacturing, nuclear facilities, sanitation, water and wastewater treatment, banknotes, emergency services and defence and security
- Workers necessary for manufacturing, maintenance, and servicing in the defense and aerospace sectors
- Aircraft and ship Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), including refuelling as well as routine maintenance
If you have any questions regarding our status, please feel free to contact me directly.
Dave Croal, President
Cantec Systems Continuity Plan to Mitigate COVID-19 Impact on our Operations
March 18, 2020
COVID-19 is a global epidemic that demands decisive and robust action. Following the announcement by the World Health Organization (WHO) to address the coronavirus (COVID-19) threat as a pandemic, organizations across the globe are looking to their Business Continuity Management (BCM) plan to make sure they are covered.
Planning ahead to counter any disruption has always been an essential aspect of Cantec’s resilience program. Consequently, we have put our contingency plan to action to fight the current and future risks to our business, and our customers’ businesses due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Mitigating Risk at Cantec
As the developing situation changes with respect to world health outlook, we have outlined two key areas to ensure our readiness towards workplace mitigation.
- Employee health and safety
- Business and service operations
Therefore, we are prepared to react accordingly to ensure business continuity. Here’s what our plan looks like:
Employee Health and Safety
We are mindful of our employees’ wellbeing, and are aware of recommended actions related to hygiene and safety at our workstations. To this end we have rolled out the following policies:
- Hand-washing policy and education: We have trained our staff on proper, effective hygiene practices for reducing the risk of contracting or spreading the virus.
- Travel restrictions, guidelines, and recommendations: We have eliminated all non-essential business travel.
- Remote workforce: We have implemented 100% work from home for all administrative, office and sales staff.
- We have hand sanitizer available at the office premises and remote work locations.
- We ensure frequent cleaning and sanitization of our workplaces.
- We have increased space between on site employees’ workstations.
- We have implemented no contact protocols for all shipping and receiving at our facility.
- We have established a 72 hour quarantine period for all incoming goods at our facility
Business and Service Operations
We have been continually brainstorming and implementing workflow policies to help ensure that operations run without disruption in the eventuality of an outbreak or other critical event which may impact our organization.
As noted, we have rolled out remote work policies for all Cantec team members. Employees can work off site as they would on-premises, guaranteeing no disruption to business operations, including our customer-facing sales, customer success, support, and account management staff.
We place the highest value on the partnerships that we’ve established with our customers and stakeholders. Rest assured, we are committed to ensuring uninterrupted success, even in times of hardship and challenges. If you have any questions pertaining to our policy or it’s specific effect on our obligations to your organization, please feel free to contact me directly.
In conclusion, we wish you all the best of health, security, and good fortune.
Dave Croal, President