EnerSys Odyssey PC1700MJ 0771-2031
Phenomenal starting power and massive deep cycle reserve power in one battery!
Some batteries provide enormous cranking power. Others, deep cycle reserve power. The revolutionary ODYSSEY® battery is designed to do both.
How is this possible? The answer begins with flat plates made of 99.99% pure lead - not lead alloy. Pure lead plates can be made thinner, so we can fit more of them in the battery. More ODYSSEY battery plates mean more plate surface area. And that means more power – twice as much as conventional batteries.
In fact, ODYSSEY batteries are capable of providing engine cranking pulses in excess of 2250 amps for 5 seconds – double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even at very low temperatures. And they can handle 400 charge-discharge cycles to 80% depth of discharge.
This extreme combination of power and performance makes ODYSSEY batteries perfect for a range of applications, including automotive/LTV, marine, commercial, and powersports.
- Longer service life - 3-10 years of service life to save you time, money, and aggravation
- Longer cycle life - 70% longer cycle life than conventional deep cycle batteries — high stable voltage for longer periods of time.
- Longer shelf life - Can be stored on open circuit (nothing connected to the terminals) without recharging for up to 2 years or 12.00V, whichever occurs first.
- Faster recharge - The highest recharge efficiency of any sealed lead battery on the market — capable of 100% recharge in 4-6 hours.
- Mounting flexibility - Non-spillable design — can be mounted on any side in any position except inverted.
- Vibration resistance - Design protects against high impact shock and mechanical vibration — a common cause of premature battery failure.
- Extreme temperature tolerant - Operating temperatures from -40°C (-40°F) to 45°C (113ºF), for models without a metal jacket, and from -40ºC (-40ºF) to 80ºC (176ºF) for models with a metal jacket.
- Totally maintenance free - No need to add water, ever! Drycell design with resealable venting system.
- Improved safety - US Department of Transportation classified as a ‘non-spillable’ battery. No acid spills, no escaping gases.
|Terminal Type:||M6 w/ss hardware|
|Transport Class:||Approved for shipping as non-spillable and falls under the IATA “unrestricted” air shipment category|
|Short Circuit Current:||2400A|
- Rugged construction, optional metal jacket
- UL 94V-0 rated case and cover
- M6 female no-maintenance terminals
- To resist vibration and eliminate internal sparking, cell connectors are casted to the plates and bonded.
- Medical Equipment
- Computer Backup
- Compliance with 49 CFR § 173.159(d)
- Classified as nonspillable batteries
- ISO 9001 certification
- ISO 14001 certification